SERVICES ARE NOT CURRENTLY OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
ALL SERVICES ARE LIVE-STREAMED FOR THOSE WHO ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND. THE LIVE-STREAM CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE SERVICE SCHEDULE TAB OF THIS WEBSITE. SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS WHEN SERVICES GO LIVE.
Only those who have signed a waiver, registered electronically to attend a particular service, and received confirmation that he/she has been placed on the roster for that service will be permitted to attend. To attend subsequent services, one need not sign another waiver, but one will need to register electronically and receive confirmation to attend.
The following are mandatory precautions that MUST be followed:
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times during services, except to receive Holy Communion.
- The total number of participants allowed to attend a service will conform to regulatory/social distancing guidance.
- We will observe mandated cleaning/sanitization protocols; for this reason, we discourage use of the bathrooms in the parish hall because this will generate a requirement for stringent cleaning.
- We will check body temperatures at the door using a non-contact, infrared thermometer. According to regulatory guidelines, no one having a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher may enter the church.
- The choir (4 members or less) will be arranged at the front of the church in a manner that respects social distancing in order to protect people in the nave. We cannot engage in congregational singing at this time. Those who attend must pray silently.
- Pews marked/blocked must be avoided; they are not available for seating. Please maintain 6 feet of distance between individuals. A family group constitutes an "individual" for social distance purposes; i.e. members of the same household may stand close together but distanced from other individual worshippers/family groups.
- To venerate icons, make the sign of the cross and bow only; do not kiss the icon.
- Do not shake hands, hug, or kiss anyone (including the priest’s hand; blessings will be given by the sign of the cross only).
- The choir will enter the church 15 minutes early for preparation; all other attendees may enter the church no sooner than 5 minutes before the service start time.
- At the completion of the service, attendees should immediately exit the church starting with the rear pews.
Please use the following procedure to register for a service:
- An electronic sign-up will be sent out with a link to a webform via the mission station email approximately 6 days before any given service. Complete the request and submit it. If you are not on our email list, please contact Deacon Matthew.
- You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging your request.
- An email will be sent notifying those who may attend at least 24 hours in advance. In the event the sign-up fills before that time, the email will be sent earlier to avoid unnecessary request submissions (those who cannot attend because of number restrictions will be offered the chance to go on the list for the following week).
- The day of the service, a link will be provided so that registered attendees can electronically confirm their intention to attend; this will also provide details for contact tracing.
- Bring the waiver with you (if you have not already submitted one previously). Blank copies will be available for filling out at the door if needed.
The images of St. John the Theologian on this website are used with permission and can be purchased from www.monasteryicons.com
Other icons are sourced from internet searches or OCA files.
All other images are the property of St. John the Theologian Orthodox Mission Station
© COPYRIGHT 2022